Wednesday 23 November 2011

Courrèges online

Image via 'La mode au siècle des créateurs', Charlotte Seeling.


I recently reported some activity by 60s Paris fashion house, Courrèges, in celebration of its 50th birthday this year. It is also bringing things bang up-to-date, by launching a website at the end of this month. A visionary, André Courrèges championed the miniskirt after its invention by Mary Quant. A Courrèges boutique was once situated inside the Carrousel du Louvre, in Paris, where I bought a quite unexceptional black make-up bag, when viewed alongside the candy-coloured fashions he is famous for. I doubt very much I will be investing in a micro-mini or vinyl anything any time soon, but I reckon this site may well be worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.