Saturday 19 October 2013

notes from a quiet break



 




And as the weather in Edinburgh started becoming truly rubbish about a week ago, my daughter and I hopped on a plane and fled to the Gard and its 30 degree welcome. Things of note during our stay this last week: a trip to the tremendous Musèe PAB in Alès that has a fine collection of modern and contemporary art and a gem of a shop housing a wonderful collection of prints and publications; the sighting of a prehistoric-looking praying mantis; writing Christmas food and drink articles for The List magazine whilst sitting in crazy heat, eating ice-cream, and enjoying Tracy Thorn's brilliant book, loaned to me by my friend Brian friend before heading off.

We leave the south of France tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.