Thursday 27 October 2011

mon amour



Cheese. It's amazing. The fact it comes in so many varieties, is amazing. Even the way it's made is amazing. I have not eaten meat for a few years and really make up for it with cheese. My appreciation of cheese began at a very young age, with the softer, more simple tastes and textures of Brie and Camembert. By my teenager years, I, of course, thought I'd tried it all. Moving to Burgundy in my twenties, I was however introduced to the hardcore Soumantrain and Epoisse. This was also where I was made my first tartiflette, by the man who is now my husband. I have finally repaid the favour.



Tartiflette 
(for 4 people - or 2 very hungry people)

1 onion 
2 tbsp crème fraîche
100ml milk
1kg potatoes
1 reblochon
black pepper

Preheat the oven at 180°C. Chop the onion and place in the bottom of a large oven proof dish. Peel and slice the potatoes and scatter on top of the onions. Pour the milk over the potatoes and spoon on the crème fraîche. Slice the reblochon in two and plop the halves directly on the top. Finish off with a grinding of black pepper. Bung in the oven for an hour and ta-da. 
Source: author's own

In my opinion, the perfect autumn/winter dish.
Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. yum! we haven't had tartiflette for a while - might need to make one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Hungry now...

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.