Wednesday 14 November 2012

Changement de décor


Image via ifeecosse.org.uk
I was sent an invite recently to the launch of a new photography exhibition, Changement de décor, in Edinburgh. A Scots photographer taking shots during the 2012 festivals at the Institut français d’Ecosse, you say? I decided to check him out before heading along. Albie Clark is a most talented young man, with it appears not only a sense of humour, but a penchant for lines. We did not get the chance to chitchat, but glad I at least managed a nod of congratulations in his direction, because frankly, he deserves it. I was delighted to see a great turnout on the night, not only for Albie, but for the venue, too. The Scottish Government's Cab Sec for Culture, Fiona Hyslop, did a nice little speech on the merit of Franco-Scottish relations and the foreword to the rather lovely catalogue (available from the Institute and priced at £10), that accompanies the show. The photo above in no way does the exhibition justice, so you will just have to take my word for it and head along to see his work yourself. My two favourites are not shown on this post either - ones showing a great study of lines and positioning of objects. Because those who know me well, know also how much of an obsession I have with all things alignment... All of the above perfect pas mal fodder. The show runs from 15 November 2012 - 19 January 2013 and is free to get in.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. Delighted you enjoyed Albie Clark's work. And 'Bravo' for this lovely blog that is more than 'pas mal' really!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.