Sunday 23 October 2011

Nice memories

I love Nice. It is an important place for me and for my family. It holds very many happy memories for us. When not roasting hot, it remains clement for most of the year and has a beach that stretches for ever. July 2005, I ran up and down the Promenade des Anglais to train for a Glasgow half marathon, and as it happens, the day of the event itself was unusually warm and almost matched the weather I had been used to in the south of France. The training did not happen on the beach however, as in Nice it is not soft and sandy, but completely covered in galets. A bit too big to be classed as a pebble, a galet is an attractive type of small, smooth stone, that is found in a multitude of shapes and shades. A couple always manage to find their way into a bag or pocket, before we head home. 2005 was also the summer I discovered Livingstones, by Smarin, made in Nice. A wonderfully innovative, family-friendly design company, where all the products are made in France. Open up their website, close your eyes and hear the cicadas. You could almost be there.

Image via smarin.net

2 comments:

  1. I would love to spend another weekend in Nice, I'm having fantasies about some midwinter sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out for that wave!

    Ahh the memories...

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.