Tuesday 9 October 2012

my life in white

images via bodieandfou.blogspot.co.uk







Every week my dad still buys the Scotsman newspaper weekdays and Scotland on Sunday, and when out of the country follows both, online. A BBC online reader during the week, I supplement this with a hardcopy paper fix on a Saturday thanks to The Guardian, that tends to last me all week. Known hoarders, my parents tend to hang on to all sorts of things and I like to leaf through copies of dad's Scottish weekend magazines when paying them a visit. I recently came across a lovely feature in the Scotland on Sunday At Home magazine about online interiors store, Bodie and Fou. The website and blog offer not only a steady source of inspiration, but is so warm and welcoming in style I felt I had found my kindred spirits. This French family-run business is headed up by sister-team Karine and Elodie, both mothers to young daughters and lovers of all white interiors.

Back in Edinburgh, on my suggestion the 1930s property we bought here a couple of years ago was to be decorated entirely in white (walls and floors alike). We both saw much potential in the darkly painted and carpeted flat when we went to visit and could see past the dreary dated furniture to the huge and many windows looking out to a magificent panoramic view of the city. Painting walls and floorboards white himself, within a few weeks of moving in, my husband transformed the place to be the light, airy and relaxing home it is today. The rooms in our flat that have not yet received the magical snowy white touch are looking not too bad, but are ones I hope to work on soon. I can see the Bodie and Fou family team becoming a regular source of inspiration for our home, the work in progress. À suivre...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.