Friday 9 March 2012

prints a go go



All images via souleiadoamerica.com

Prints are a key look for SS2012, I take it; and it appears the brighter and more colourful, the better. Now, having spent many of my childhood holidays in the Languedoc-Roussillon, I have seen a fair bit of  tissu Provençal in my time and if you are keen on being bang on-trend, I would suggest you try hunting some down. My grandparents had a fair bit of their interior design based around the fabric, with curtains, tablecloths, napkins and the like dotted around the house. Overkill perhaps and paisley and fleur de lys-type motifs are certainly not everyone's tasse de thé, but the fabric has for me, you might say, a touch of the Madeleine de Proust about it. For the real, good quality deal, you must consider Souleiado. There is even a museum dedicated to the brand and its history, to be found in Tarascon, Provence. While you are searching for your fabric, make sure to get a pot of lavender while you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.