Monday 9 July 2012

the wonder of wellies

image via aigle.com
I will not bore with details of the weather. It is raining in Edinburgh. It has been raining for days, though it feels like weeks, if not months and perhaps even years. I met a friend outside her office today (in the rain), for lunch. I quickly clocked her really nice (waterproof and French), parka. I almost always dress inappropriately when it comes to the weather here and these days do not really own anything that could be called anything more than splash-proof. Which is ridiculous really, seeing as I currently live in Scotland. Anyway, this parka was not only a great hue, but stylish and cut perfectly. Aigle: not what I would have termed in the past as one of my go-to brands of choice, but the aforementioned outergarmet and their current collection has changed my mind. This is a company proud of its heritage and quality, made in France products. The website, with its nautical back stories, looks great and is totally on trend. They do a lovely line in shorts, shoes, jumpers and have even teamed up with agnès b for a range of limited edition wellies. If like me you thought differently about this lot, have a think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.