Thursday 10 November 2011

Bensimon


Image via Bensimon.com

When I used to think of Bensimon, I thought pumps. Those great little plimsolls that are either elasticated or lace-up and come in a variety of colours. I was delighted to read that they are still very much a French, family company, but even more so to see how they have developed. Their move into art and design could easily have been viewed as tryhard, but it is actually really good and I would definitely buy some of it for our home. The gallery S. Bensimon, situated in the Marais, in Paris, opened its doors in 2009 and has since been exhibiting and selling limited edition work by a range of artists and designers. A few special edition pieces, like the ones below, are available online. Lovely, lovely stuff.


Images via Bensimon.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.