Tuesday 8 November 2011

nouvelle vague

Jean Seberg, À Bout de Souffle, 1960
Image via newwavefilm.com
I am coming to the end of some editing work I've been doing on a publication about film director, Jean-Luc Godard and French New Wave cinema. The work has been interesting and it has led me to rediscover work I had not seen in a while. Much of the décor in these films is as visually chic and stylish as its actors, with leading stars including Brigitte Bardot, Jean Seberg and Jean-Paul Belmondo; much of the sixties design featured looking very contemporary. All really good fashion, interiors and hairstyle inspiration. In the same vein, I'd also recommend La nuit Americaine by François Truffaut and I often think of Godard as a good introduction to the French New Wave, before venturing into the slightly more obscure territories of  L’année dernière à Marienbad and Hiroshima mon amour, by director, Alain Renais. But to be honest, the list of gems is endless, so well worth investigating.

Film stills, Le Mépris, 1963
Images vis filmcuts.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.