Thursday 24 November 2011

José of all trades

Image via joselevy.fr


Round at my parents' house the other day, I found a suitcase full of good clothes I'd forgotten about. In amongst these, I found a great skirt I bought around 10 years ago in Paris, by Parisian designer, José Lévy. I am definitely wearing it again this winter. Beige, long and made of a soft felted material, with lovely big pockets at the back, it's like wandering around with a big blanket wrapped round your legs. I wondered whether he was still designing and the man has in fact been very busy indeed. Turns out he can turn his hand to just about anything touching on design. He has collaborated on numerous and varied projects (including furniture design for Roche Bobois and Galerie S. Bensimon), covering both high-street fashion (with Monoprix and La Redoute), higher-end (with Cacharel, Nina Ricci and Emanuel Ungaro), homeware, styling, photography, contemporary art, not forgetting his own ready-to-wear label, José Lévy à Paris. Ladies and gentlemen - he's good at it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.