Friday 11 November 2011

weekend à Rome

Etienne Daho/Pierre et Gilles via wikio.fr


I have never been to Rome, nor am I planning a weekend away there any time soon. The heading is in reference to the song by Etienne Daho, the French singer, songwriter and record producer, who has achieved cult status in France. It was played at the French leg of our wedding and I can still picture our friends dancing to it on that night. The UK band, St Etienne, in collaboration with the singer, adapted the song and made it into the well-known and equally good English language version, 'He's on the phone'. Toe-tapping, happiness-inducing pop, both.

3 comments:

Hello, I'm Sylvie. Drop me a line at sylvie_docherty@hotmail.com

Creative Commons Licence
Pas Mal by Sylvie Docherty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.pasmalplus.blogspot.com.